PUTTING ORIFICES AND FILTERS WHERE YOU NEED THEM
Sometimes today in the mad rush to bring a
new design into production quickly, the
design engineer will sacrifice ergonomics
and uniformity of design to install orifices
and filtration media into their design. In
effect, the design is changed to meet what
is perceived as the only available
components instead of a design dictating
Today some fitting companies offer filters or
orifices in their particular brand of fittings.
But in the myriad of choices for fittings and
connectors, the chances of finding a match to your particular design are not probable.
The permutations are enormous. Take for instance SMC, Parker or Swagelock
products. There may be 1,000's of possible choices in each company's product, any of
which might be the item that would best suit the design needs for a filter or an orifice.
Many engineers have solved this quandary by specifying a custom retrofit. It's a small
leap to think outside the box and it pays huge dividends. Choose your optimum
connector and have a filter orifice installed precisely where the design dictates. The
design now is more compact, aesthetically pleasing, as all fittings match and certainly is
ergonomic, as space has not been sacrificed to squeeze in the odd array of special
orifices and filters.
The reputation of BIRD PRECISION for such custom retrofits has continued to
grow as the recognized leader for these services. The company over the years has
built up an impressive array of components to facilitate a wide latitude of commercially
available fittings and connectors. Choose just about any item from your favorite fitting
and connector house and it can be reconfigured with the appropriate filtration or
orifice by BIRD. Choose Swagelock, Cajon, Parker, SMC, Value Plastic or any
number of suppliers or perhaps a custom component and chances are it can qualify
for a retrofit. Stainless steel tube fittings, brass tube fittings, plastic tube fittings,
threaded connectors, luer, push to connect, the choices are endless.
Filter choices are stainless wire mesh, plastic mesh, sintered metal and porous plastic,
with micron ratings of 5, 25, 43, 75 and 150.
Orifices can range in size from .0004" thru .081" depending on fitting choice. Orifices
are typically ruby and sapphire although custom metal orifices are also possible.
- Related pdf books
- Design Factors for Jewel Bearing Systems
- ESTIMATED FLOW GUIDES (LIQUID)
- BRASS BARBS
- Standard Sapphire and Ruby Orifices O RIFICE P ARTS AND N UMBERS
- SAPPHIRE AND RUBY ORIFICE FITTINGS AND CONNECTORS
- Meeting the challenges of miniaturization
- JAMES M. BENSON
- Fixed Valves
- RUBY ORIFICE AND FILTERED INSERTS
- TRUE SHARP EDGE ORIFICES®
- VEE BEARING DESIGN CONSIDERATIONS
- Jewel Bearings Solve Light Load Problems
- Jewel Bearings Solve Light Load Problems - Bird Precision
- precision orifice kits
- Popular epubs
- Seismic Retrofit Guide
- temperature control valve retrofit R1 032003.d
- NexGen Fueling LNG Vehicle Shrouded Tank Door Retrofit Procedure
- Retrofit Guidelines for Suva(R) HFC Refrigerants
- TDIClub forums: Hella Headlight Washer Retrofit Kit on a Jetta
- Emissions Retrofit Mounting Hardware and Accessories
- NRPS-100 Rotary Sieve Rotor and End Door NRPS-200 Retrofit Kit
- Diesel Retrofit for the National Caucus of Environmental ...
- Retrofit Program of a Euro 1 andn EUro 2 Urban Bus Fleet in ...
- 橋梁受損後,基本上有維修( Repair )與補強( Retrofit , Rehabilitation ) 兩種處理方式。
- CITY OF EL CAJON POLICE DEPARTMENT
- More Choice! Tight Profile Hardware